These resources have been identified by members as being useful during these difficult times. They are provided as a reference only.
- Timely information about COVID-19 that is curated specifically for endocrinologists is available at “Clinical Endocrinology News”
- International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD):
COVID-19 in children with diabetes: Keep Calm and Mind your Diabetes Care and Public Health Advice.
First Summary of recommendations regarding COVID-19 in children with diabetes here as well as a Spanish version here.
- ESPE has useful information about COVID-19 for patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders.
- JDRF has good info about coronavirus and type 1 diabetes.
- ADA has very useful information about COVID-19.
- The Endocrine Society has posted useful information about their virtual 2020 Annual Meeting.
- AACE has posted useful information about COVID-19.
- Disaster Preparedness Guidelines for Patients with Adrenal Insufficiency.
- HEALIO has an excellent website with up-to-date information about COVID-19, including resources of interest to endocrinologists.
Other Sites of Interest
- Roland Martin Unfiltered “Fact Vs. Fiction: Black Doctor Debunks Coronavirus Myths & Misinformation”
- BMC “Dr. Zandraetta Tims-Cook on COVID-19”
- Poor People’s Campaign “Poverty Amidst Pandemic: A Moral Response to COVID-19”
- Dr. George Benjamin, Executive Director of the American Public health Association,explains: “Public health expert says African Americans are at greater risk of death from coronavirus”
- American Public Health Association provides latest guidance and information
- The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) offers tips on how to protect yourself and what to do if you are sick
- The WHO (World Health Organization) offers the latest updates on this global pandemic
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center and Interactive Map
- The National Black Child Development Institute provides links to resources for educators and advocates who serve children and families.
- Resources from governmental agencies
- NADF Disaster Preparedness Guidelines for Patients with Adrenal Insufficiency
- CHLA CAH Clinic resources
- COVID-19 as Endocrinologists and Diabetologists- an Editorial
- Important- Prevent ZOOM-bombing articlesInformation from FBI about Zoomhttps://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-prevent-zoom-bombingGuidelines from Stanford about Zoom