January 4, 2022 @ 5:00 PM ET
How to Apply
Nominations should include:
- A letter of recommendation
- Brief personal statement from the nominee (to include current address, phone number, email address, and why they wish to learn more about Pediatric Endocrinology)
- One page CV
PedsENDO Discovery Program
The inaugural PedsENDO Discovery Program launched in 2019 as part of a multi-pronged approach to address workforce shortage in pediatric endocrinology, and was a tremendous success. This year, we are supporting the attendance of 10 medical students and first year residents at the PES Annual Meeting that will be held April 28-May 1, 2022 in Chicago, IL. We will cover registration fees and up to $1,200 in travel expenses for the selected students/residents.
Please consider nominating medical students and first year pediatrics (or medicine-pediatrics) residents that you have interacted with, and who have expressed an interest in Pediatric Endocrinology.
- Participants will meet with the PES leadership including members of the PES Education Subcommittee for Students and Residents on Thursday, April 28, 2022 in the late afternoon to learn more about choosing a career in pediatric endocrinology.
- Participants will get complimentary registration for the PES 2022 Annual Meeting
- Participants will have up to $1,200 in travel expenses reimbursed
- Participant will be expected to participate fully in the conference and attend PES sessions
- After the meeting, each participant will provide feedback. Feedback will include a short survey and a brief paragraph describing their experience.
Criteria for Nomination:
- The program is open to medical students in all years and first year residents.