January 5, 2023
How to Apply
Nominations should include:
- A letter of recommendation
- Brief personal statement from the nominee (to include current address, phone number, email address, and why they wish to learn more about Pediatric Endocrinology)
- One page CV
PedsENDO Discovery Program
The PedsENDO Discovery Program launched in 2019 as part of a multi-pronged approach to address workforce shortage in pediatric endocrinology, and was a tremendous success. This year, we are supporting the attendance of 40 medical students and first year residents at the PES Annual Meeting that will be held May 5-8, 2023 in San Diego, CA. We will cover registration fees and up to either $1,200 or $600 (whichever the applicant is awarded) in travel expenses for the selected students/residents.
Please consider nominating medical students and first year pediatrics (or medicine-pediatrics) residents that you have interacted with, and who have expressed an interest in Pediatric Endocrinology.
- Participants will receive complimentary registration for the PES 2023 Annual Meeting.
- Participants will meet with the PES Leadership including members of the PES Education Committee on Friday, May 5, 2023 late afternoon to learn more about choosing a career in pediatric endocrinology.
- Participants will have up to $1,200 or $600 in travel expenses reimbursed.
- Participant will be expected to participate fully in the conference and attend PES sessions.
- After the meeting, each participant will provide feedback. Feedback will include a short survey and a brief paragraph describing their experience.
Criteria for Nomination:
- The program is open to medical students in all years and first year residents.