When you ask PES members what inspired them or helped them to become successful in their career, the most common response is “I had a fantastic mentor!” Fostering these meaningful mentor/mentee relationships is a priority for PES, and so we have improved our matching system to make it better than ever! This new system is now available through our PES Connects platform for PES Members.
Goals of the Mentoring Initiative:
- Provide greater access to professional resources
- Provide broader perspectives regarding potential career options
- Provide advice on how to effectively spend non-clinical time and how to most effectively achieve research goals
- Provide advice on changing research tracks
- Provide advice on strategies to restart a research career after a break
- Help develop a roadmap to help the individual pursue his or her career directions
- Provide guidance on navigating the promotion process
- Provide insights into achieving work-life balance
- Help develop and refine leadership skills
- Help the mentee to develop the skills to become a mentor of the future
Mentees: Can be faculty at any stage in their career as well as fellows.
Mentors: We hope to recruit mentors who are willing to advise on careers in research, clinical practice, industry and government, career advancement, and work-life balance.
Please visit the platform for step-by-step instructions to volunteer to be a mentor or find a mentor for the upcoming academic year. Members can enroll in this program year round.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
We look forward to welcoming you to the PES Mentoring Initiative!
The Research Affairs Council (RAC)