PedsENDO365 Fellow Initiative
PedsENDO365 provides pediatric endocrine fellows an opportunity to enhance clinical concepts, skills in clinical decision making, career development, quality improvement, and leadership. These sessions will foster building of a learning community for fellows in an environment of innovation, collaboration, and discovery with guidance from expert faculty facilitators.
The sessions are being held via Zoom and limited to first 30 registrants to allow appropriate engagement and participation for the attendees. Fellows will receive a zoom link for the session by email once registered and any pre-workshop materials one-two weeks prior to the session.
For suggestions for future topics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan to join us for the next webinar in the PedsENDO365 Fellow Education Series:
Cost-effective care in Pediatric Endocrinology: When testing usually can be avoided
October 8, 2021
3:00pm – 4:00pm eastern
Paul Kaplowitz, MD
Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics at Children's National Hospital, Washington, DC
Session Description: This session will involve a presentation followed by discussion with the speaker regarding cost effective laboratory testing and imaging in Pediatric Endocrinology.
Goals & Objectives:
- Describe current literature regarding 'value' of laboratory testing and imaging in evaluation of common pediatric endocrine problems such as short stature, premature thelarche, adrenarche and thyroid conditions
- To identify opportunities for a cost-effective approach to evaluation of these common pediatric conditions.
To address the problem of low-value health care in our specialty, we need to consider whether many of the tests we commonly order are truly necessary. The presenter will discuss:
- lab testing in the evaluation of the healthy short child with normal growth rate
- brain MRIs for children diagnosed with GH deficiency.
- lab testing for children with suspected premature thelarche and adrenarche.
- brain MRIs for 6-8 year old girls with precocious puberty.
- cost-effective thyroid testing
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. We look forward to seeing you!
SAVE THE DATE for the future sessions in the series:
Nov 12, 2021, 3:30-5 PM ET: Title: SMART learning goals for a happy professional journey.
Jan 14, 2022, 3-5 PM ET: Career pathways after pediatric endocrine fellowship- Presentations from faculty at various career stages and small group discussions.
March 11, 2022, 3-5 PM ET: Clinical case discussion on lipids.