The Pediatric Endocrine Society Opposes Bills that Harm Transgender Youth
Bills that threaten the health of transgender and gender diverse (TGD) youth have been introduced in multiple state legislatures across the United States. These bills undermine medical recommendations and seek to criminalize health care professionals who provide gender-affirming care such as puberty suppressing medications and gender-affirming hormone therapy. Read full position statement here.
The PES Transgender Health SIG is dedicated to educating and supporting pediatric endocrine providers in providing evidence-based medical care to transgender and gender diverse youth.
Goals and Objectives
- Organize educational sessions with interdisciplinary experts for the professional development of SIG members and the greater PES membership
- Create and disseminate patient and family-centered educational materials
- Foster collaborations that result in high-quality research
- Create opportunities to share cutting-edge research related to pediatric transgender health
- Support PES members and other efforts aiming to improve access to gender-affirming care